Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So how's Investment banking?

"so how's IB going for ya?", asks one of my Juniors at school. That makes me think. And that makes me blog :)



Its not that IB image that people usually associate with. Not only for my group but also for the other verticals like M&A & OAG , life's very very different from the typical image that's fed to callow minds. We do NOT wear ties/suits, we do NOT work 16 hours a day, People are NOT mean (they're nice actually), i have windows 2000 on my PC, Not every group has MS office installed(they work with OpenOffice) and most of the time goes for regular maintenance work. May be because its the worst time for IB, i dont know. I think a reality check is necessary for anybody aiming at a career in IB.



Whatever be the current scenario, I'm really happy with my Boss, Collegues and others at my workplace. My team is extremely supportive and well knit. We're a group of 6+1 people, (used to be 9+1 -- 3 months back) and anybody can talk to anybody abt anything. Whenever i am in doubt, i can bug Vittal, Vinay,Lale or others - all who shall listen and genuinely try to help me out. I really don't know how many times do i daily seek lale's comments. At the same time i can share all jokes with Jha sahab & Ami. The only catch is that most of the time I'm the joke, something that i've got used to and don't feel bad about at all.


--- had written a big post but nt disconnected and now am too tired to type it again-- good night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: